If you’re like me you love checking out the clearance aisle! I have found some great deals and there are other times when I’ve
found a treasure only to turn it around and see a big chip. So close to a great bargain…
With just a few supplies and a little effort you can take that wounded treasure and make it your own. Who knows … you might even like it better!
Any CLEAN chipped or cracked item made of nonporous material (Image 1)
Tissue paper or any lightweight paper
White glue aka school glue
- Dilute the glue with tap water to the consistency of milk
- Paint the glue on a small section of the item (Image 2)
- Place a small piece of tissue paper on the item and press it down with your sponge. (Image 3) Make sure you don’t have any air bubbles under the tissue.
- Continue adding glue and tissue paper until your item is covered with two layers of paper. (Image 4)
- After the item is completely covered paint on a coat of full strength glue to seal it. (Image 5)
- You are now ready to paint the item. I used a brown acrylic paint on the first coat and then dry brushed it with the same paint that I added some white. I then painted the engraved part with black acrylic paint.
I now have a one of a kind piece that no one has seen anywhere! 🙂